Chris Runion is a lifelong conservative Republican from the Shenandoah Valley. He grew up on a farm where his parents worked hard and raised five sons. He went to Virginia Tech and graduated with an accounting degree. Jennifer and Chris married shortly after he graduated from Virginia Tech, and they settled in Bridgewater to start their family. While working for a large poultry company Chris earned an MBA from James Madison University. During his time as a business owner, Chris served in our community in a number of roles, including on the Rockingham Planning Commission and as president of the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce.
One of the most important characteristics of a representative is leadership and experience — the ability to provide consistent, rock-solid conservative leadership. As a business owner with an accounting background, Chris Runion is uniquely qualified to go to Richmond and try to bring some fiscal sanity to a seemingly ever-growing government, while standing strong on our “Valley Values.”
Chris has a track record in Richmond as being faithful, honest, transparent, and accountable to the citizens of the 25th District, standing firm for our God-given rights, the right to life, and our Second Amendment rights.
Leadership & Community Experience
• Member, NFIB State Leadership Council
• Active member of the Greater Augusta Chamber
• Former President, Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce
• Former Vice Chair, Rockingham County Republicans
• Former Member & Chairman, Rockingham County Planning Commission
• Past District Governor of Rotary
• Chairman, Shenandoah Valley Economic Education
• Board Member, Rockingham Insurance
• Board Member, Farmers & Merchants Bank (F&M Bank)